Great News! The Arizona legislature passed the state budget last week. It is structurally balanced, prioritizes education, funds other important needs, and includes a tax cut for individual taxpayers.
Here are some highlights:
- Balanced budget with a tax cut for individuals
- Increases funding to K-12 education by $353M
- Provides a 2% teacher raise over 2 years in addition to any raises the school districts gave. (For example, this school year the Peoria School teachers got a 6.81% raise on-going, plus 3.18% one-time and an additional .5% from Prop 301 sales tax revenue increase)
- Rewards high-performing schools
- Provides $ for new school construction and repairs
- Provides funding for local roads
- Increases funding to the people that take care of the developmentally and physically disabled and elderly
- Increases funding to protect the elderly from abuse
- Increases funding to the universities
- Provides funding to test backlogged rape kits
- Provides funding to increase adoptions
- Funds diversion programs for drug-users so they won’t end up in prison
Find greater details HERE
Please contact me anytime with questions, comments or input at DLesko@azleg.gov or 602-926-5413.